On this show, Lori welcomed an extraordinary guest and a leader in the field of Animals Rights. Dr. Alex Hershaft, Founder and President of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) told the story of his journey from the Warsaw ghetto to a life of advocating for the rights of non-human animals. The parallels he draws between the treatment […]
Animals Today is broadcast in major markets such as Boston, San Francisco and Atlanta. For further detail about the multitude of other broadcast stations and airing times, click here.
Animals Today – March 15, 2015. From Holocaust Survivor to Animal Rights Activist: The incredible story of Dr. Alex Hershaft. Great News for Circus Elephants.
on March 16, 2015 in General Information
Animals Today March 1, 2015 The growing popularity of vegetarianism, veganism and animal advocacy in modern Jewish life. Killing in the name of conservation.
This show featured Jeffrey Cohan, Executive Director of Jewish Vegetarians of North America (JVNA). Led by a strong movement in Israel, but rapidly expanding in Europe and North America, a growing number of Jewish people and leaders are embracing vegetarianism, veganism, and animal advocacy in general. Cohan explained why this is occurring, how plant-based diets are […]
Animals Today – February 22, 2015 – Rescuing dogs from puppy mills. Animal welfare groups adopt humane menus. California foie gras legal battles. Pet products gone wild.
This show, Lori welcomed three guests covering diverse topics. First up was Theresa Strader, Founder and Executive Director of National Mill Dog Rescue. The mission of National Mill Dog Rescue is “to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome discarded breeding dogs and to educate the general public about the cruel realities of the commercial dog breeding industry.” […]
Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure.
This show began with Joe Meile from Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting (C.A.S.H.). Following allegations of a connection between actor Matthew McConaughey and a canned hunting ranch, we wanted to learn more about how these operations operate. Joe is one of the country’s leading opponents of hunting and provided the disturbing details. Then, NYS assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal described […]
Animals Today – February 8, 2015. Flying dogs to safety. Hawaii’s colossal kitty sanctuary. Racehorse death rate alarmingly high – what can be done?
This show featured three guests from around the US. First, Lori spoke with Jonathan Plesset and Brad Childs, co-founders of Pittsburgh Aviation Animal Rescue Team (PAART). These aviators have used their flying skills to begin and grow a regional air transport group, specializing in dogs in need of urgent relocation. They offered a lot of information, including […]
Animals Today – February 1, 2015. Exploring gender differences in how we relate to animals. Free roaming cats: New survey asks, how does the public want them to be treated?
This show featured two wonderful guests. First on was anthrozoologist Hal Herzog, book author, blogger, researcher and Professor of Psychology at Western Carolina University. Have you ever wondered if girls and women care more about animals than boys and men? Which sex tends to be more active in animal rights and welfare issues? And, which sex […]
The final show of 2014 featured two wonderful guests! First, Lori welcomed Dr. Anne Martin, Executive Director of the House Rabbit Society. Have you ever wondered if you are a “rabbit person?” What do rabbits need to be healthy and happy at home? Lori and Anne discussed many aspects of having rabbits as companion animals […]
Animals Today- December 21, 2014. Compassionate conservation. Greater legal rights for nonhuman species. Hormone replacement therapy can harm dogs and cats.
This was a big show featuring three wonderful guests! First up was Marc Bekoff, Ph.D., former Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and co-founder with Jane Goodall of Ethologists for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Recently a Harvard biologist working in Guyana came across a huge exotic spider (a Goliath bird […]
Animals Today, December 7, 2014 – Animal Assisted Therapy: Separating fact from fiction. Do owners of emotional support animals abuse the rest of us?
on December 8, 2014 in General Information
On this show, Lori first welcomed Professor Hal Herzog, one of the world’s most influential Anthrozoologists. In a recent Psychology Today article, Herzog criticized much of the research about the value of using animals in the treatment of emotional, mental and physical diseases. His recent book is titled, Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some […]
Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found.
On this show, Lori began by welcoming Dr. Karen Davis, President of United Poultry Concerns. The Presidential “pardon” of two turkeys (named “Mac” and “Cheese”) and Mr. Obama’s comments set the stage for a discussion with the world’s foremost advocate for chickens, turkeys and other birds people like to eat. Karen authored More Than a Meal: […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today – March 15, 2015. From Holocaust Survivor to Animal Rights Activist: The incredible story of Dr. Alex Hershaft. Great News for Circus Elephants. March 16, 2015
- Animals Today March 1, 2015 The growing popularity of vegetarianism, veganism and animal advocacy in modern Jewish life. Killing in the name of conservation. March 2, 2015
- Animals Today – February 22, 2015 – Rescuing dogs from puppy mills. Animal welfare groups adopt humane menus. California foie gras legal battles. Pet products gone wild. February 22, 2015
- Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure. February 15, 2015
- Animals Today – February 8, 2015. Flying dogs to safety. Hawaii’s colossal kitty sanctuary. Racehorse death rate alarmingly high – what can be done? February 10, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation