Sunday, we will be covering the status of dolphins in captivity with Courtney Vail, Campaigns and Programs Manager, Whale and Dolphin Conservation. With the recent exciting progress toward ending the captive orca industry (Blackfish and the consequent legislative action led by CA Representative Richard Bloom), we will ask Courtney for an update on similar activity [...]
Animals Today April 13, 2014 – Cruelty of the captive dolphin industry. CA orca bill update. Swiss bear cub zoothanasia.
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also [...]
On this show, Lori Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like [...]
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the [...]
Animals Today – Sunday March 9, 2014 Preventing cancer and other diseases with plant based diets. Tell the Riverside County Fair Board “No more exotic animals on display”
On this show, Lori was joined by Susan Levin, Director of Nutrition Education, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Recent research has been published on the association between consumption of animal protein (meat, eggs, and diary) and premature death from cancer, diabetes and other causes. However, eating a plant based diet is protective against these diseases [...]
On this show, we examined the severe threats to sharks around the globe and programs to protect sharks. Joining Lori were three survivors of shark attacks who have turned their efforts to shark conservation. Under the umbrella of the Pew Charitable Trusts, a dedicated group of about 20 shark advocates, some nearly killed by their [...]
Animals Today – Sunday February 16, 2014: Adam Roberts criticizes the killing of the Copenhagen Zoo giraffe. Stacy Wolf discusses big New York cockfighting bust and bird rescue.
On this show, two wonderful guests appeared. First, Adam Roberts joined Lori to discuss the killing of Marius, a healthy juvenile giraffe in Copenhagen’s zoo. Worldwide shock and criticism has followed this incredibly horrifying and unnecessary event. Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA and Chairman of the Board, Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, will [...]
Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates
On this show, Merritt Clifton joined Lori and discussed statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates. Merritt is Editor of Animal People, the leading independent newspaper providing original investigative coverage of animal protection worldwide. Merritt has been a news reporter, editor, columnist, and foreign correspondent since 1968, specializing in animal [...]
On this show, Lori welcomed Lisa Kemmerer, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Religions, Montana State University, Billings. In Lisa’s book, Animals and World Religions, she shows “…how spiritual writings and teachings in seven major religious traditions can help people to consider their ethical obligations toward other creatures.” Kemmerer appeals to the faithful to show the [...]
Animals Today January 12, 2014 – Josh Tetrick presents new vegan products from Hampton Creek. Richard Schwartz analyzes Israeli slaughterhouse problems.
This show featured two guests with important stories. First, Lori welcomed the Josh Tetrick, CEO of the vegan food brand, Hampton Creek. Beginning with the breakthrough product, Just Mayo, Tetrick’s new company seems poised for strong growth, as cruelty-free and healthful food choices grow. Check out Hampton Creek. Then, Richard Schwartz joined Lori to discuss [...]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today, March 3, 2013. Bob Vetere and Suzi Eszterhas March 19, 2013
- Animals Today April 7, 2013 – Derek Burkholder and Tracy Coppola April 8, 2013
- Animals Today April 14, 2013. Dr. Leslie Irvine and Steve Hindi April 15, 2013
- Animals Today April 13, 2014 – Cruelty of the captive dolphin industry. CA orca bill update. Swiss bear cub zoothanasia. April 18, 2014
- Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove? April 7, 2014
- Animals Today March 23, 2014: Ending the Canadian seal hunt. Exotic animals as pets. March 27, 2014
- Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline. March 20, 2014
- Animals Today – Sunday March 9, 2014 Preventing cancer and other diseases with plant based diets. Tell the Riverside County Fair Board “No more exotic animals on display” March 10, 2014
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation