on May 25, 2015 in General Information
Animals Today May 24, 2015: Companion animals and divorce. Dogs assisting veterans. Great news from San Antonio Animal Care Services. The end of horse slaughter in the US. Would you break into a car to save a dog?
on May 24, 2015 in General Information
This show featured a variety of stellar guests! First, Philadelphia based family law attorney Mark Momjian joined Lori to discuss how the law regards companion animals in cases of divorce. Even though pets are generally considered property, judges are increasingly treating them as a special class, as they should. Second up was Dori Scofield, Vice President […]
Animals Today – May 17, 2015. Hidden dog park hazards. Doggie Dementia. Close encounters with spiders and snakes.
First, Lori welcomed Los Angeles based attorney Ken Phillips, who specializes in legal issues related to dogs. Ken is a nationally renowned authority who has made many media appearances. Dog parks can be wonderful places, but the risks and hazards to people and dogs in and around the parks are real. Ken shared his decades […]
Animals Today May 10, 2015: Does your estate plan include your companion animals? Life’s not fun for circus animals.
On this show Lori welcomed Frances Carlisle, a New York based attorney who specializes in estate planning. Frances is a nationally known expert in advising clients how to make sure their dogs, cats and other nonhuman family members are taken care of when the guardians are no longer around. Too many of us do not […]
on May 23, 2015 in General Information
In this interview, Kathy Davis describes how San Antonio’s Animal Care services went for dismal to being a model for other cities to follow.
Animals Today May 3, 2015. Deceptive and fraudulent labeling of faux fur: learn how to ensure the products you buy are cruelty free. Good news for circus elephants.
Lori’s first guest for the show was Pierre Grzybowski, policy enforcement Manager for the Humane Society of the United State’s Fur-Free Campaign. Pierre explained how garments, shoes and handbags marked and advertised as being composed of synthetic materials may actually have animal fur or hair. The HSUS is a strong voice against this practice and […]
On this show, two wonderful guests joined Lori. First on was Laura Bevan, Southern Regional Director of the Humane Society of the United States. Recently a few bear attacks have occurred in Florida, and even though it is clear the bears were attracted to improperly managed trash, hunting groups have advanced proposals to reopen bear hunting in […]
on May 9, 2015 in General Information
Hey, it’s Lori
Animals Today April 19, 2015. Wildlife killing contests. Devocalization legislation. Earth Week celebrates its 45th birthday
Big show here. First Lori was joined by Camilla Fox, Founder and Executive Director of Project Coyote. Camilla explained the origins and ongoing practice of having contests to kill wildlife, typically done under the guise of conservation or protection of agricultural interests. California has banned the practice and now Project Coyote and other groups are working […]
Animals Today April 12, 2015. Animal cruelty and neglect: Understanding causes and seeking solutions.
April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month, so on today’s show we featured discussions about the cruelty involved in dogfighting and the connection between interpersonal violence and animal cruelty. First, Lori gave her perspectives on the cruelty involved in organized dogfighting and Michael Vick’s activities in particular, with commentary from around the time his […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Celebrating the end of horse slaughter in the US May 25, 2015
- Animals Today May 24, 2015: Companion animals and divorce. Dogs assisting veterans. Great news from San Antonio Animal Care Services. The end of horse slaughter in the US. Would you break into a car to save a dog? May 24, 2015
- Animals Today – May 17, 2015. Hidden dog park hazards. Doggie Dementia. Close encounters with spiders and snakes. May 24, 2015
- Animals Today May 10, 2015: Does your estate plan include your companion animals? Life’s not fun for circus animals. May 24, 2015
- Dr. Kirshner interviews Kathy Davis, Director of San Antonio Animal Care Services May 23, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation