This show featured two fascinating guests. Lori first welcomed Patrick Battuello, who writes the blog, Horseracing Wrongs. This summer, an unusually large number of horses are breaking down at the Del Mar, California track. Usually, this means the horses get euthanized. Patrick is a vocal and extremely knowledgeable critic of racing, and discussed what is [...]
On Easter Sunday, we rebroadcast a show from 2010,which covered animal welfare and vegetarianism from Jewish and Christian perspectives. The discussion covered the holidays, the Bible, the roles of religious leaders, the environment, and much more. The special guests were Dr. Richard Schwartz, and Frank R. Hoffman. Richard Schwartz is President of Jewish Vegetarians of [...]
On this show, we reviewed the seven most important stories and events concerning animals this year. Here they are: 1. SPCA releases recommendations on Canandian sled dog massacre 2. Bullfighting ban in Catalonia, Spain 3. OSHA hearing on SeaWorld death of Dawn Brancheau 4. Ohio wild animal release and massacre 5. Japan earthquake, tsunami and [...]
On today’s show, we had a woman who refers to herself as the Penguin Lady, and a man who calls himself the Snake Man. First, we spoke with Dyan DeNapoli for 2 segments, about her book, The Great Penguin Rescue. It is a first hand account of the largest rescue of wild animals ever, which [...]
On today’s show, Priscilla Feral joins us to speak about the wildlife sanctuary, Primarily Primates, where she is President of their Board of Directors. Here is the video describing Eagle Scout Joshua and Oliver, the blind chimp he helped. I was hoping to discuss this more but I am sure you will like this video. Bottom [...]
Peter and I recently ventured to cover the 2011 America’s Family Pet Expo, in Costa Mesa California. We went partly out of curiosity, wanting to see what of interest to animal rights oriented people would be there. Of course, we also have pets so we are somewhat interested in the pet scene, though pets are [...]
Animals Today – June 12, 2011: Paul Waldau’s book on Animal Rights; Kerry Kriger on protecting amphibians.
Animals Today with Dr. Lori Kirshner – show of June 12, 2011. We are joined by Paul Waldau with his new book, Animal Rights – What Everyone Needs to Know, and by Dr. Kerry Kriger, from Save The Frogs!
Animals Today – June 5, 2011: Immunocontraception with Professor Priscilla Cohen; Pet trusts with Chris Jones.
The June 5, 2011, Animals Today with Dr. Lori Kirshner features Professor Priscilla N. Cohn, on the use of immunocontraception to control populations of free-roaming animals, and the ethics of hunting. Also, attorney Chris Jones joins us to speak about pet trusts as the preferred way to make sure your companion animals are treated according to your wishes should you die before them.
Animals Today – May 22, 2011. Protecting Tortoises with Susan Tellem, American Tortoise Rescue; Helping birds with David Threan
Animals Today show of May 22, 2011 with Susan Tellem from American Tortoise Rescue, and Dave Thraen from All Wildlife Rescue and Education, inc.
Animals Today May 15, 2011: Journal of Animal Ethics; abuse of movie elephants; cruelty of horse-drawn carriages
on May 15, 2011 in 2011 Show Archive
Prof. Priscilla Cohn – the Journal of Animal Ethics. Matt Rossell from Animal Defenders International – abuse of the elephant, TAI, star of Water for Elephants. Katherine Hutchison, horse-drawn carriages in NYC.
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – January 13, 2013. Dr. John Pippin and Eric Sakach January 27, 2013
- Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program. October 9, 2014
- Animals Today – September 21, 2014. Legal challenge to the Phoenix ban on the sale of dogs and cats. Perspectives on breeding and dog overpopulation. Pet store success with humane business practices. September 26, 2014
- Animals Today September 14, 2014. Community cat management: Sane and humane treatment of the felines around us. September 22, 2014
- Animals Today September 7, 2014. Solar power plants are killing birds. The use of live animals for training purposes in medical residencies is waning. September 8, 2014
- Animals Today August 17, 2014. Animal welfare innovations in Maricopa County, Arizona. Turtle movies are not good for real turtles. August 20, 2014
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation