This show started with a discussion on the health benefits of plant based diets with Cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn. Dr. Kahn, who was just finishing his training when the pivotal Ornish study was published, advocates a healthy vegan diet as a central part of heart health for his patients. Here’s Joel’s website. eat your veggies, everyone! Then, […]
Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program.
Animals Today – July 6, 2014 – How meat consumption harms the environment and wildlife. Summertime quiz.
On this show, Lori welcomed Stephanie Feldstein from the Center for Biological Diversity, where she is Population and Sustainability Director. Stephanie explained how meat consumption negatively impacts wildlife, climate, habitats, water and land. The Center has introduced new campaign called “Take Extinction Off Your Plate” in which people are urged to consume less meat and […]
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also […]
World renowned nutrition authority, Dr. Michael Greger, joined Lori on this show with the latest facts and research supporting the health benefits of plant based diets. And, the evidence continues to get progressively stronger. What happens to your body when you consume meat or dairy? How does a plant based diet reduce inflammation and why is […]
On this show, Lori Welcomed Richard Schwartz, Professor Emeritus, College of Staten Island and President of Jewish Vegetarians of North America. Richard announced and described his new effort to revive and modernize an ancient Jewish holiday to benfit animals and the environment. The new hoilday is called Rosh Hashana La’B’heimot (New Year for Animals), and […]
This week, Lori welcomed Rutgers Law Professor, Gary Francione. A prolithic author and engaging speaker, Gary is one of the true leaders in the animal rights movement. Lori and Gary covered a variety of important topics, with primary themes being the fundamental importance of veganism and efforts to inspire dog and cat lovers to […]
On Easter Sunday, we rebroadcast a show from 2010,which covered animal welfare and vegetarianism from Jewish and Christian perspectives. The discussion covered the holidays, the Bible, the roles of religious leaders, the environment, and much more. The special guests were Dr. Richard Schwartz, and Frank R. Hoffman. Richard Schwartz is President of Jewish Vegetarians of […]
First, Lori interviewed Jill Robinson, Founder and CEO of Animals Asia. They discussed the practice of people consuming dogs and cats for food in China. Animals Asia has a number of programs to reduce this practice and to encourage people to regard dogs and cats as pets and companions. Visit Animals Asia here. It is […]
On today’s show Lori interviewed Dr. Donald Forrester, with Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Don advocates a plant-based diet for his patients, and discussed the cardiovascular benefits of omitting all animal products from one’s diet. Visit PCRM here. Then, Lori discussed the problem of stray dogs and cats in Mexico with Marlene Revelen and Ginny […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today March 22, 2015. The connection between dog breeding and euthanasia. What is holding the animal welfare movement back? Best Friends has a new Chief Digital Officer. March 22, 2015
- Animals Today – March 15, 2015. From Holocaust Survivor to Animal Rights Activist: The incredible story of Dr. Alex Hershaft. Great News for Circus Elephants. March 16, 2015
- Animals Today March 1, 2015 The growing popularity of vegetarianism, veganism and animal advocacy in modern Jewish life. Killing in the name of conservation. March 2, 2015
- Animals Today – February 22, 2015 – Rescuing dogs from puppy mills. Animal welfare groups adopt humane menus. California foie gras legal battles. Pet products gone wild. February 22, 2015
- Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure. February 15, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation