On this show, Lori welcomed Craig Sholley, Vice President for Philanthropy and Marketing for African Wildlife Foundation. One of Kenya’s iconic elephants, a large 45-year-old male named Satao, was recently killed by poachers for his beautiful, long tusks. Craig discussed how it is possible that 20,000 elephants were killed last year in Africa, what drives the [...]
Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law.
On this show, Lori welcomed two outstanding guests. First was Tim Ream, Staff Attorney, Endangered Species Program at the Center for Biological Diversity. Four groups have filed a petition with US government officials demanding better regulation of and transparency from Wildlife Services. Many people do not know that Wildlife Services, a federal agency under the USDA, [...]
On this show, Lori spoke about bees with Apiculturist, Dr. Eric Mussen. Currently, many bee colonies worldwide are dying off, and news reports forecast catastrophic consequences. Eric, a UC Davis professor in the Department of Entomology, explained the importance of honeybees to our food supply, described the phenomenon of Colony Collapse Disorder and placed this [...]
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also [...]
On this show, Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like chinchillas [...]
Animals Today – Sunday March 9, 2014 Preventing cancer and other diseases with plant based diets. Tell the Riverside County Fair Board “No more exotic animals on display”
On this show, Lori was joined by Susan Levin, Director of Nutrition Education, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Recent research has been published on the association between consumption of animal protein (meat, eggs, and diary) and premature death from cancer, diabetes and other causes. However, eating a plant based diet is protective against these diseases [...]
On this show, we examined the severe threats to sharks around the globe and programs to protect sharks. Joining Lori were three survivors of shark attacks who have turned their efforts to shark conservation. Under the umbrella of the Pew Charitable Trusts, a dedicated group of about 20 shark advocates, some nearly killed by their [...]
Animals Today – Sunday February 16, 2014: Adam Roberts criticizes the killing of the Copenhagen Zoo giraffe. Stacy Wolf discusses big New York cockfighting bust and bird rescue.
On this show, two wonderful guests appeared. First, Adam Roberts joined Lori to discuss the killing of Marius, a healthy juvenile giraffe in Copenhagen’s zoo. Worldwide shock and criticism has followed this incredibly horrifying and unnecessary event. Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA and Chairman of the Board, Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, will [...]
Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates
On this show, Merritt Clifton joined Lori and discussed statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates. Merritt is Editor of Animal People, the leading independent newspaper providing original investigative coverage of animal protection worldwide. Merritt has been a news reporter, editor, columnist, and foreign correspondent since 1968, specializing in animal [...]
Animals Today January 12, 2014 – Josh Tetrick presents new vegan products from Hampton Creek. Richard Schwartz analyzes Israeli slaughterhouse problems.
This show featured two guests with important stories. First, Lori welcomed the Josh Tetrick, CEO of the vegan food brand, Hampton Creek. Beginning with the breakthrough product, Just Mayo, Tetrick’s new company seems poised for strong growth, as cruelty-free and healthful food choices grow. Check out Hampton Creek. Then, Richard Schwartz joined Lori to discuss [...]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today – January 20, 2013 Steven M. Wise & the Nonhuman Rights Project January 29, 2013
- Animals Today – October 19, 2014 – Compassion Fatigue: Recognizing and managing this common condition. October 27, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program. October 9, 2014
- Animals Today – September 21, 2014. Legal challenge to the Phoenix ban on the sale of dogs and cats. Perspectives on breeding and dog overpopulation. Pet store success with humane business practices. September 26, 2014
- Animals Today September 14, 2014. Community cat management: Sane and humane treatment of the felines around us. September 22, 2014
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation