On this show, two great guests joined Lori. First, Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County Arizona discussed the animal welfare programs he has implemented over the past 15 years. Known as America’s toughest sheriff, Joe continues to roll out innovations including the Animal Cruelty Investigative Unit, various programs where inmates work directly with abused and […]
Animals Today August 17, 2014. Animal welfare innovations in Maricopa County, Arizona. Turtle movies are not good for real turtles.
Animals Today July 27, 2014. The harmful effects of rodent poisons on pets, people and wildlife. Cats control our lives.
Poisons to control infestations of rodents are widely used and easy to obtain. However, rat or mouse poisons, or rodenticides, are toxic products that can cause illness and even death of non-target wildlife, pets and people. On this show, we learned about the poisons and their harmful effects from two expert guests. First, Lori welcomed Jonathan […]
On this show we welcomed Steve Hindi, President of SHowing Animals Respect and Kindness (SHARK) to discuss the status of bullfighting around the world. In 2011, the Spanish region of Catalonia held its final bullfight before a ban went into effect, ending a centuries-long tradition. But will other cities, regions and countries follow? In an explosive rant […]
Animals Today – July 6, 2014 – How meat consumption harms the environment and wildlife. Summertime quiz.
On this show, Lori welcomed Stephanie Feldstein from the Center for Biological Diversity, where she is Population and Sustainability Director. Stephanie explained how meat consumption negatively impacts wildlife, climate, habitats, water and land. The Center has introduced new campaign called “Take Extinction Off Your Plate” in which people are urged to consume less meat and […]
On this show, Lori welcomed Craig Sholley, Vice President for Philanthropy and Marketing for African Wildlife Foundation. One of Kenya’s iconic elephants, a large 45-year-old male named Satao, was recently killed by poachers for his beautiful, long tusks. Craig discussed how it is possible that 20,000 elephants were killed last year in Africa, what drives the […]
Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law.
On this show, Lori welcomed two outstanding guests. First was Tim Ream, Staff Attorney, Endangered Species Program at the Center for Biological Diversity. Four groups have filed a petition with US government officials demanding better regulation of and transparency from Wildlife Services. Many people do not know that Wildlife Services, a federal agency under the USDA, […]
On this show, Lori spoke about bees with Apiculturist, Dr. Eric Mussen. Currently, many bee colonies worldwide are dying off, and news reports forecast catastrophic consequences. Eric, a UC Davis professor in the Department of Entomology, explained the importance of honeybees to our food supply, described the phenomenon of Colony Collapse Disorder and placed this […]
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also […]
On this show, Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like chinchillas […]
Animals Today – Sunday March 9, 2014 Preventing cancer and other diseases with plant based diets. Tell the Riverside County Fair Board “No more exotic animals on display”
On this show, Lori was joined by Susan Levin, Director of Nutrition Education, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Recent research has been published on the association between consumption of animal protein (meat, eggs, and diary) and premature death from cancer, diabetes and other causes. However, eating a plant based diet is protective against these diseases […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – October 26, 2014 – Misuse and overuse of antibiotics in agriculture – how our health is at risk. Protecting dogs from Parvo. Pit Bull awareness month and news. December 13, 2014
- Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found. December 8, 2014
- Animals Today November 16, 2014 – The culture of youth rodeo and western style events utilizing animals: What lessons are learned? December 1, 2014
- Animals Today, November 2, 2014. Hidden and not so hidden risks of having dogs, featuring former LA Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber. November 5, 2014
- Animals Today – October 19, 2014 – Compassion Fatigue: Recognizing and managing this common condition. October 27, 2014
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation