On this show, Lori welcomed Dr. Ray Greek, President and Co-Founder, Americans for Medical Advancement (A.F.M.A.). Ray presented his views on how to improve medical research and provide better safety for patients, with methods that do not rely on laboratory animals. Dr. Greek is co-author of the books, Animal Models in Light of Evolution, and [...]
Animals Today April 27, 2014. Improving medical research without laboratory animals. The LA ban on elephant bull hooks.
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also [...]
Animals Today September 15, 2013 Carol Glasser, PhD. Progress for Science’s opposition of UCLA vivisection. What motivates hunters?
On this week’s show, Lori was joined by Sociologist Dr. Carol Glasser. Dr. Glasser is a co-founder of Progress for Science, a grassroots campaign focused on ending vivisection at University of California, Los Angeles. They discussed animal welfare violations in UC animal labs, whether testing on animals provides useful information about human disease, the role [...]
Happy New Year to all our wonderful animal advocates and animals lovers! On this show, Lori welcomed two fabulous guests. First, Dr. John Pippin discussed the great news of the vanishing use of chimpanzees in medical research. He described where the retired chimps are going and the struggles to secure safe and peaceful places of [...]
On this show, Dr. Lawrence Hansen, Professor of Pathology, UC San Diego School of Medicine, joined Lori to discuss his recent article, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees Need Greater Ethical Diversity. Dr. Hansen is a well-known Physician-scientist, as well as a strong advocate for the welfare and rights of all animals. Larry also discussed the [...]
This week, Lori welcomed Rutgers Law Professor, Gary Francione. A prolithic author and engaging speaker, Gary is one of the true leaders in the animal rights movement. Lori and Gary covered a variety of important topics, with primary themes being the fundamental importance of veganism and efforts to inspire dog and cat lovers to [...]
His week’s show featured Joe Miele, President of Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting. Lori and Joe discussed a variety of recent news items concerning hunting. Joe is a passionate and articulate advocate for animals. The C.A.S.H. website is here. We encourage you to visit it and see how they chronicle the tragic and continuous stream [...]
This show featured Michael Budkie, Co-founder of Stop Animal Exploitation Now. SAEN is known for tielessly exposing the abuses found in animal experimentation. If you oppose vivisection or want to learn more about the issues, make sure to listen and to learn about the work of SAEN. Visit their exhaustive website here: SAEN In the [...]
Animals Today March 18, 2012 Kim Sturla from Animal Place Sanctuary; Dr. John Pippin, Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act
This show featured the wonderful Kim Sturla who heads up Animal Place, near Sacramento. WOW, they recently rescued more than 4,000 hens. We discussed what one does with all those birds, and the value of farmed animal sancturaries. Then, Dr. John Pippin from PCRM described the Great Ape Protection and Cost Saving Act. Read more [...]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today May 12, 2013 – What’s up with the American Kennel Club? Jane Hoffman May 16, 2013
- Animals Today August 10, 2014. The cruelty of horse racing. Ebola, animals and you. August 14, 2014
- Animals Today July 27, 2014. The harmful effects of rodent poisons on pets, people and wildlife. Cats control our lives. August 4, 2014
- Animals Today – July 13, 2014. The cruelty of bullfighting. Pet Peeves. August 2, 2014
- Animals Today – July 6, 2014 – How meat consumption harms the environment and wildlife. Summertime quiz. August 2, 2014
- Animals Today – June 29, 2014. Fighting elephant poaching and the illegal ivory trade. July 5, 2014
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation