On this show, Lori first welcomed Professor Hal Herzog, one of the world’s most influential Anthrozoologists. In a recent Psychology Today article, Herzog criticized much of the research about the value of using animals in the treatment of emotional, mental and physical diseases. His recent book is titled, Some We Love, Some We Hate, Some […]
Animals Today, December 7, 2014 – Animal Assisted Therapy: Separating fact from fiction. Do owners of emotional support animals abuse the rest of us?
on December 8, 2014 in General Information
Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found.
On this show, Lori began by welcoming Dr. Karen Davis, President of United Poultry Concerns. The Presidential “pardon” of two turkeys (named “Mac” and “Cheese”) and Mr. Obama’s comments set the stage for a discussion with the world’s foremost advocate for chickens, turkeys and other birds people like to eat. Karen authored More Than a Meal: […]
Animals Today November 23, 2014. Bear hunting controversy. Animal cruelty reporting gets elevated. New videos to improve law enforcements’s interactions with dogs.
Three guests appeared on this show: First, Joe Miele, President of Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting. Joe offered his opinions on the recent killing of a 510 lb. bear in North Carolina by hunting celebrity, Eva Shockey. Then, Attorney Bob Ferber explained the significance of changes in the FBI’s crime reporting registry, which will now […]
Animals Today November 16, 2014 – The culture of youth rodeo and western style events utilizing animals: What lessons are learned?
On this show, Lori welcomed Eric Mills, one of the country’s leading voices in opposition to animal cruelty in rodeo and rodeo style events, and in agriculture. Eric is Founder and Coordinator of Action for Animals, and serves as a Board member of PawPAC and the Ohlone Humane Society. They started off with Eric’s comments about […]
Animals Today, November 2, 2014. Hidden and not so hidden risks of having dogs, featuring former LA Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber.
As much joy as we get from living with dogs, and being their guardians and owners, there are real risks in doing so. Most people are not aware of the serious nature of these risks, or seriously underestimate them, according to Humane Education authority and former Los Angeles Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber. Each year […]
Animals Today – October 19, 2014 – Compassion Fatigue: Recognizing and managing this common condition.
On this show, Lori welcomed Patricia Smith for an in-depth discussion about a common condition, compassion fatigue. Caregivers and people in all helping professions are susceptible to this type of secondary traumatic stress, resulting in apathy, isolation, bottled-up emotions, substance abuse and other self-destructive behaviors. Individuals who work with animals are particularly susceptible to compassion […]
Animals Today – October 26, 2014 – Misuse and overuse of antibiotics in agriculture – how our health is at risk. Protecting dogs from Parvo. Pit Bull awareness month and news.
This show featured two guests from National Resources Defense Council who described the problems associated with widespread overuse of low-level antibiotics in livestock and poultry. First on was Dr. Carmen Cordova who serves as the NRDC’s Sustainable Livestock Science Fellow. Then, Peter welcomed Jonathan Kaplan, Director of the Food And Agricultural Program at the Council. It is firmly […]
Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families.
This show featured former LA animal cruelty prosecutor Bob Ferber, who discussed the problems that often occur when police officers encounter dogs. A few months ago in Michigan, a dog in his backyard was shot and killed by an officer who was looking for a suspect. The officer said he feared for his own safety. Consequently, […]
Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program.
This show started with a discussion on the health benefits of plant based diets with Cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn. Dr. Kahn, who was just finishing his training when the pivotal Ornish study was published, advocates a healthy vegan diet as a central part of heart health for his patients. Here’s Joel’s website. eat your veggies, everyone! Then, […]
This show is all about humane education, what it is and isn’t, how programs are implemented and how their effects are assessed. Attorney Bob Ferber, founder of Baron’s Buddies, has been directly involved in humane education for more than a decade, and shared his experiences bringing three legged cats and one-eyed dogs into classrooms to teach kindness […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today April 5, 2015. All about Roadrunners. Canned hunting of specially bred unusual animals. April 8, 2015
- Animals Today March 22, 2015. The connection between dog breeding and euthanasia. What is holding the animal welfare movement back? Best Friends has a new Chief Digital Officer. March 22, 2015
- Animals Today – March 15, 2015. From Holocaust Survivor to Animal Rights Activist: The incredible story of Dr. Alex Hershaft. Great News for Circus Elephants. March 16, 2015
- Animals Today March 1, 2015 The growing popularity of vegetarianism, veganism and animal advocacy in modern Jewish life. Killing in the name of conservation. March 2, 2015
- Animals Today – February 22, 2015 – Rescuing dogs from puppy mills. Animal welfare groups adopt humane menus. California foie gras legal battles. Pet products gone wild. February 22, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation