On this show, Lori welcomed David Grimm, author of Citizen Canine – Our Evolving Relationship with Cats and Dogs. Grimm, a deputy news editor at Science, has provided a fascinating and entertaining treatise on the growing cultural and legal status of cats and dogs in society. Buy it here. Then, British Columbia’s Green Party has [...]
Animals Today is broadcast in major markets such as Boston, San Francisco and Atlanta. For further detail about the multitude of other broadcast stations and airing times, click here.
Animals Today – June 8, 2014. Citizen Canine, by David Grimm. British Columbia’s Green Party takes a stand against rodeos.
On this show, Lori spoke about bees with Apiculturist, Dr. Eric Mussen. Currently, many bee colonies worldwide are dying off, and news reports forecast catastrophic consequences. Eric, a UC Davis professor in the Department of Entomology, explained the importance of honeybees to our food supply, described the phenomenon of Colony Collapse Disorder and placed this [...]
Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea?
On Sunday’s Show, Lori welcomed three acclaimed guests. The first topic revolved around the lawsuit recently filed by the American Bird Conservancy (ABC) against the Department of the Interior, which is now able to approve 30-year permits for wind farms. Dr. Michael Hutchins, National Coordinator, Bird Smart Wind Energy Campaign, American Bird Conservancy, explained what [...]
Animals Today April 27, 2014. Improving medical research without laboratory animals. The LA ban on elephant bull hooks.
On this show, Lori welcomed Dr. Ray Greek, President and Co-Founder, Americans for Medical Advancement (A.F.M.A.). Ray presented his views on how to improve medical research and provide better safety for patients, with methods that do not rely on laboratory animals. Dr. Greek is co-author of the books, Animal Models in Light of Evolution, and [...]
Animals Today April 20, 2014: Breed neutral dog bite law in Maryland. Analyzing breed specific legislation. Avoiding bear attacks.
On this show, Lori first welcomed Maryland State Senator Brian Frosh and Stacey Coleman, Executive Director, Animal Farm Foundation to discuss a newly passed law that addresses discrimination against pit bulls, their owners and their landlords. Under the new law, owners now are uniformly liable if their dog injures someone, regardless of the breed of [...]
Animals Today April 13, 2014 – Cruelty of the captive dolphin industry. CA orca bill update. Swiss bear cub zoothanasia.
On this show, Lori reviewed the status of dolphins in captivity with Courtney Vail, Campaigns and Programs Manager, Whale and Dolphin Conservation. With the recent exciting progress toward ending the captive orca industry (Blackfish and the consequent legislative action led by CA Representative Richard Bloom), Courtney gave an update on similar activity worldwide concerning dolphins. Also, [...]
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also [...]
On this show, Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like chinchillas [...]
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the [...]
Animals Today – Sunday March 9, 2014 Preventing cancer and other diseases with plant based diets. Tell the Riverside County Fair Board “No more exotic animals on display”
On this show, Lori was joined by Susan Levin, Director of Nutrition Education, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Recent research has been published on the association between consumption of animal protein (meat, eggs, and diary) and premature death from cancer, diabetes and other causes. However, eating a plant based diet is protective against these diseases [...]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today June 30, 2013 – Dr. Lori Marino analyzes Dolphin Assisted Therapy July 9, 2013
- Animals Today – September 21, 2014. Legal challenge to the Phoenix ban on the sale of dogs and cats. Perspectives on breeding and dog overpopulation. Pet store success with humane business practices. September 26, 2014
- Animals Today September 14, 2014. Community cat management: Sane and humane treatment of the felines around us. September 22, 2014
- Animals Today September 7, 2014. Solar power plants are killing birds. The use of live animals for training purposes in medical residencies is waning. September 8, 2014
- Animals Today August 17, 2014. Animal welfare innovations in Maricopa County, Arizona. Turtle movies are not good for real turtles. August 20, 2014
- Animals Today August 10, 2014. The cruelty of horse racing. Ebola, animals and you. August 14, 2014
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation