How did Earth Day begin, what is it now and where is it going? Listen here.
Animals Today April 5, 2015. All about Roadrunners. Canned hunting of specially bred unusual animals.
This show featured a great discussion about the roadrunner, one of the most distinctive animals of the Southwest. This interview with naturalist and author Jim Cornett, which originally aired in 2009, is packed with facts and delightful stories about roadrunners. Listen in to find out how they eat rattlesnakes and scorpions, where they go in the […]
Animals Today March 22, 2015. The connection between dog breeding and euthanasia. What is holding the animal welfare movement back? Best Friends has a new Chief Digital Officer.
This show began with Lori speaking to Elizabeth Oreck, National Manager of Puppy Mill Initiatives for Best Friends Animal Society about the connection between intentional dog breeding, overpopulation and euthanasia of homeless dogs. For years, Lori has been explaining how dog breeders contribute to shelter crowding and consequently to the killing of far too many adoptable […]
Animals Today – March 15, 2015. From Holocaust Survivor to Animal Rights Activist: The incredible story of Dr. Alex Hershaft. Great News for Circus Elephants.
on March 16, 2015 in General Information
On this show, Lori welcomed an extraordinary guest and a leader in the field of Animals Rights. Dr. Alex Hershaft, Founder and President of Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) told the story of his journey from the Warsaw ghetto to a life of advocating for the rights of non-human animals. The parallels he draws between the treatment […]
Animals Today March 1, 2015 The growing popularity of vegetarianism, veganism and animal advocacy in modern Jewish life. Killing in the name of conservation.
This show featured Jeffrey Cohan, Executive Director of Jewish Vegetarians of North America (JVNA). Led by a strong movement in Israel, but rapidly expanding in Europe and North America, a growing number of Jewish people and leaders are embracing vegetarianism, veganism, and animal advocacy in general. Cohan explained why this is occurring, how plant-based diets are […]
Animals Today – February 22, 2015 – Rescuing dogs from puppy mills. Animal welfare groups adopt humane menus. California foie gras legal battles. Pet products gone wild.
This show, Lori welcomed three guests covering diverse topics. First up was Theresa Strader, Founder and Executive Director of National Mill Dog Rescue. The mission of National Mill Dog Rescue is “to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome discarded breeding dogs and to educate the general public about the cruel realities of the commercial dog breeding industry.” […]
Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure.
This show began with Joe Meile from Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting (C.A.S.H.). Following allegations of a connection between actor Matthew McConaughey and a canned hunting ranch, we wanted to learn more about how these operations operate. Joe is one of the country’s leading opponents of hunting and provided the disturbing details. Then, NYS assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal described […]
Animals Today – February 8, 2015. Flying dogs to safety. Hawaii’s colossal kitty sanctuary. Racehorse death rate alarmingly high – what can be done?
This show featured three guests from around the US. First, Lori spoke with Jonathan Plesset and Brad Childs, co-founders of Pittsburgh Aviation Animal Rescue Team (PAART). These aviators have used their flying skills to begin and grow a regional air transport group, specializing in dogs in need of urgent relocation. They offered a lot of information, including […]
Animals Today – February 1, 2015. Exploring gender differences in how we relate to animals. Free roaming cats: New survey asks, how does the public want them to be treated?
This show featured two wonderful guests. First on was anthrozoologist Hal Herzog, book author, blogger, researcher and Professor of Psychology at Western Carolina University. Have you ever wondered if girls and women care more about animals than boys and men? Which sex tends to be more active in animal rights and welfare issues? And, which sex […]
The final show of 2014 featured two wonderful guests! First, Lori welcomed Dr. Anne Martin, Executive Director of the House Rabbit Society. Have you ever wondered if you are a “rabbit person?” What do rabbits need to be healthy and happy at home? Lori and Anne discussed many aspects of having rabbits as companion animals […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Celebrating the end of horse slaughter in the US May 25, 2015
- Animals Today May 24, 2015: Companion animals and divorce. Dogs assisting veterans. Great news from San Antonio Animal Care Services. The end of horse slaughter in the US. Would you break into a car to save a dog? May 24, 2015
- Animals Today – May 17, 2015. Hidden dog park hazards. Doggie Dementia. Close encounters with spiders and snakes. May 24, 2015
- Animals Today May 10, 2015: Does your estate plan include your companion animals? Life’s not fun for circus animals. May 24, 2015
- Dr. Kirshner interviews Kathy Davis, Director of San Antonio Animal Care Services May 23, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation