On this show, Lori welcomed David Grimm, author of Citizen Canine – Our Evolving Relationship with Cats and Dogs. Grimm, a deputy news editor at Science, has provided a fascinating and entertaining treatise on the growing cultural and legal status of cats and dogs in society. Buy it here. Then, British Columbia’s Green Party has [...]
Animals Today – June 8, 2014. Citizen Canine, by David Grimm. British Columbia’s Green Party takes a stand against rodeos.
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the [...]
On this show, Lori welcomed Lisa Kemmerer, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Religions, Montana State University, Billings. In Lisa’s book, Animals and World Religions, she shows “…how spiritual writings and teachings in seven major religious traditions can help people to consider their ethical obligations toward other creatures.” Kemmerer appeals to the faithful to show the [...]
Animals Today December 15, 2013 – Marc Bekoff discusses his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed
On this show, Marc Bekoff joined us to discuss his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed – The Fascinating Science of Animal Intelligence, Emotions, Friendship and Conservation. Marc is professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder as well as a long time contributor to Psychology Today. [...]
Animals Today September 9, 2013 Jan Creamer and Dr. Neal Barnard. Flying with cats and debating about service and assistance animals.
Two great guests appeared on this show, both internationally renowned leaders. First Jan Creamer, President and CEO, Animal Defenders International, discussed ADI’s new film, Lion Ark. ADI’s network of representatives and operatives in South America have succeeded in obtaining exotic animal circus bans in multiple countries, an incredible victory. The recently released documentary depicts not [...]
On this show, Lori spoke with Will Potter, award-winning independent journalist. Will’s recent book is titled, Green is the New Red: An Insider’s Account of a Social Movement Under Siege. Will has documented how corporations and government agencies are using their ever-expanding powers to oppose and even imprison non-violent environmental and animal activists. Lori and [...]
On this show, Lori explored the phenomenon of crush videos with the co-founders of Stopcrush, Marla Stormwolf Patty and Anthony Damiano. Crush videos depict actual torture and killing of small animals by provocatively dressed women. The women, sporting high heels, literally crush the animals to death after other methods of horrific torture are inflicted. Those [...]
On this show, Lori was joined by Attorney Steven M. Wise. Steven is President of the Nonhuman Rights Project, and has served as an animal protection attorney for thirty years. The Nonhuman Rights Project aims to achieve greater rights for animals through legal means, state by state, case by case, species by species. Soon it will [...]
On this show, Frank Hoffman from all-creatures, joined Lori to discuss various aspects of animal welfare from religious perspectives. Frank is a former Jewish- United Methodist Pastor and provided many fascinating insights about how our religious leaders and beliefs both hinder and advance the welfare of animals. There is much work to do. Listen here! [...]
This week, Lori welcomed Joyce Tischler, General Counsel, Animal Legal Defense Fund. More than 30 years ago, Joyce co-founded ALDF and has served as Executive Director for 25 years. Lori and Joyce discussed Animal Law, the activities and campaigns of the ALDF, the recent closing of the Cal Cruz Hatchery, animal protection laws in Canada, [...]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – January 13, 2013. Dr. John Pippin and Eric Sakach January 27, 2013
- Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program. October 9, 2014
- Animals Today – September 21, 2014. Legal challenge to the Phoenix ban on the sale of dogs and cats. Perspectives on breeding and dog overpopulation. Pet store success with humane business practices. September 26, 2014
- Animals Today September 14, 2014. Community cat management: Sane and humane treatment of the felines around us. September 22, 2014
- Animals Today September 7, 2014. Solar power plants are killing birds. The use of live animals for training purposes in medical residencies is waning. September 8, 2014
- Animals Today August 17, 2014. Animal welfare innovations in Maricopa County, Arizona. Turtle movies are not good for real turtles. August 20, 2014
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation