Lori’s first guest for the show was Pierre Grzybowski, policy enforcement Manager for the Humane Society of the United State’s Fur-Free Campaign. Pierre explained how garments, shoes and handbags marked and advertised as being composed of synthetic materials may actually have animal fur or hair. The HSUS is a strong voice against this practice and […]
Animals Today May 3, 2015. Deceptive and fraudulent labeling of faux fur: learn how to ensure the products you buy are cruelty free. Good news for circus elephants.
Animals Today March 22, 2015. The connection between dog breeding and euthanasia. What is holding the animal welfare movement back? Best Friends has a new Chief Digital Officer.
This show began with Lori speaking to Elizabeth Oreck, National Manager of Puppy Mill Initiatives for Best Friends Animal Society about the connection between intentional dog breeding, overpopulation and euthanasia of homeless dogs. For years, Lori has been explaining how dog breeders contribute to shelter crowding and consequently to the killing of far too many adoptable […]
Animals Today- December 21, 2014. Compassionate conservation. Greater legal rights for nonhuman species. Hormone replacement therapy can harm dogs and cats.
This was a big show featuring three wonderful guests! First up was Marc Bekoff, Ph.D., former Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and co-founder with Jane Goodall of Ethologists for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Recently a Harvard biologist working in Guyana came across a huge exotic spider (a Goliath bird […]
Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found.
On this show, Lori began by welcoming Dr. Karen Davis, President of United Poultry Concerns. The Presidential “pardon” of two turkeys (named “Mac” and “Cheese”) and Mr. Obama’s comments set the stage for a discussion with the world’s foremost advocate for chickens, turkeys and other birds people like to eat. Karen authored More Than a Meal: […]
Animals Today – June 8, 2014. Citizen Canine, by David Grimm. British Columbia’s Green Party takes a stand against rodeos.
On this show, Lori welcomed David Grimm, author of Citizen Canine – Our Evolving Relationship with Cats and Dogs. Grimm, a deputy news editor at Science, has provided a fascinating and entertaining treatise on the growing cultural and legal status of cats and dogs in society. Buy it here. Then, British Columbia’s Green Party has […]
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the […]
On this show, Lori welcomed Lisa Kemmerer, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Religions, Montana State University, Billings. In Lisa’s book, Animals and World Religions, she shows “…how spiritual writings and teachings in seven major religious traditions can help people to consider their ethical obligations toward other creatures.” Kemmerer appeals to the faithful to show the […]
Animals Today December 15, 2013 – Marc Bekoff discusses his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed
On this show, Marc Bekoff joined us to discuss his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed – The Fascinating Science of Animal Intelligence, Emotions, Friendship and Conservation. Marc is professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder as well as a long time contributor to Psychology Today. […]
Animals Today September 9, 2013 Jan Creamer and Dr. Neal Barnard. Flying with cats and debating about service and assistance animals.
Two great guests appeared on this show, both internationally renowned leaders. First Jan Creamer, President and CEO, Animal Defenders International, discussed ADI’s new film, Lion Ark. ADI’s network of representatives and operatives in South America have succeeded in obtaining exotic animal circus bans in multiple countries, an incredible victory. The recently released documentary depicts not […]
On this show, Lori spoke with Will Potter, award-winning independent journalist. Will’s recent book is titled, Green is the New Red: An Insider’s Account of a Social Movement Under Siege. Will has documented how corporations and government agencies are using their ever-expanding powers to oppose and even imprison non-violent environmental and animal activists. Lori and […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Dr. Kirshner interviews Kathy Davis, Director of San Antonio Animal Care Services May 23, 2015
- Animals Today May 3, 2015. Deceptive and fraudulent labeling of faux fur: learn how to ensure the products you buy are cruelty free. Good news for circus elephants. May 16, 2015
- Animals Today April 26, 2015: Will bear hunting resume in Florida? Transporting dogs to safe homes. May 16, 2015
- Animals Today 30 sec promo May 9, 2015
- Animals Today April 19, 2015. Wildlife killing contests. Devocalization legislation. Earth Week celebrates its 45th birthday April 24, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation