On this show, Lori began by welcoming Dr. Karen Davis, President of United Poultry Concerns. The Presidential “pardon” of two turkeys (named “Mac” and “Cheese”) and Mr. Obama’s comments set the stage for a discussion with the world’s foremost advocate for chickens, turkeys and other birds people like to eat. Karen authored More Than a Meal: […]
Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found.
Animals Today – June 8, 2014. Citizen Canine, by David Grimm. British Columbia’s Green Party takes a stand against rodeos.
On this show, Lori welcomed David Grimm, author of Citizen Canine – Our Evolving Relationship with Cats and Dogs. Grimm, a deputy news editor at Science, has provided a fascinating and entertaining treatise on the growing cultural and legal status of cats and dogs in society. Buy it here. Then, British Columbia’s Green Party has […]
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the […]
On this show, Lori welcomed Lisa Kemmerer, Associate Professor of Philosophy and Religions, Montana State University, Billings. In Lisa’s book, Animals and World Religions, she shows “…how spiritual writings and teachings in seven major religious traditions can help people to consider their ethical obligations toward other creatures.” Kemmerer appeals to the faithful to show the […]
Animals Today December 15, 2013 – Marc Bekoff discusses his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed
On this show, Marc Bekoff joined us to discuss his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed – The Fascinating Science of Animal Intelligence, Emotions, Friendship and Conservation. Marc is professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder as well as a long time contributor to Psychology Today. […]
Animals Today September 9, 2013 Jan Creamer and Dr. Neal Barnard. Flying with cats and debating about service and assistance animals.
Two great guests appeared on this show, both internationally renowned leaders. First Jan Creamer, President and CEO, Animal Defenders International, discussed ADI’s new film, Lion Ark. ADI’s network of representatives and operatives in South America have succeeded in obtaining exotic animal circus bans in multiple countries, an incredible victory. The recently released documentary depicts not […]
On this show, Lori spoke with Will Potter, award-winning independent journalist. Will’s recent book is titled, Green is the New Red: An Insider’s Account of a Social Movement Under Siege. Will has documented how corporations and government agencies are using their ever-expanding powers to oppose and even imprison non-violent environmental and animal activists. Lori and […]
On this show, Lori explored the phenomenon of crush videos with the co-founders of Stopcrush, Marla Stormwolf Patty and Anthony Damiano. Crush videos depict actual torture and killing of small animals by provocatively dressed women. The women, sporting high heels, literally crush the animals to death after other methods of horrific torture are inflicted. Those […]
On this show, Lori was joined by Attorney Steven M. Wise. Steven is President of the Nonhuman Rights Project, and has served as an animal protection attorney for thirty years. The Nonhuman Rights Project aims to achieve greater rights for animals through legal means, state by state, case by case, species by species. Soon it will […]
On this show, Frank Hoffman from all-creatures, joined Lori to discuss various aspects of animal welfare from religious perspectives. Frank is a former Jewish- United Methodist Pastor and provided many fascinating insights about how our religious leaders and beliefs both hinder and advance the welfare of animals. There is much work to do. Listen here! […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – October 26, 2014 – Misuse and overuse of antibiotics in agriculture – how our health is at risk. Protecting dogs from Parvo. Pit Bull awareness month and news. December 13, 2014
- Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found. December 8, 2014
- Animals Today November 16, 2014 – The culture of youth rodeo and western style events utilizing animals: What lessons are learned? December 1, 2014
- Animals Today, November 2, 2014. Hidden and not so hidden risks of having dogs, featuring former LA Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber. November 5, 2014
- Animals Today – October 19, 2014 – Compassion Fatigue: Recognizing and managing this common condition. October 27, 2014
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation