On this show, Lori welcomed Patricia Smith for an in-depth discussion about a common condition, compassion fatigue. Caregivers and people in all helping professions are susceptible to this type of secondary traumatic stress, resulting in apathy, isolation, bottled-up emotions, substance abuse and other self-destructive behaviors. Individuals who work with animals are particularly susceptible to compassion […]
Animals Today – October 19, 2014 – Compassion Fatigue: Recognizing and managing this common condition.
Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program.
This show started with a discussion on the health benefits of plant based diets with Cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn. Dr. Kahn, who was just finishing his training when the pivotal Ornish study was published, advocates a healthy vegan diet as a central part of heart health for his patients. Here’s Joel’s website. eat your veggies, everyone! Then, […]
This show is all about humane education, what it is and isn’t, how programs are implemented and how their effects are assessed. Attorney Bob Ferber, founder of Baron’s Buddies, has been directly involved in humane education for more than a decade, and shared his experiences bringing three legged cats and one-eyed dogs into classrooms to teach kindness […]
On this show, Nicole Green, Director of Education at Animalearn, joined Lori to discuss the use of animals in education. Each year, millions of killed animal preparations are used in science and biology classrooms around the country. The animals include cats, rabbits, frogs, fetal pigs and others. There are better alternatives! Here is Animalearn’s mission from […]
Animals Today March 18, 2012 Kim Sturla from Animal Place Sanctuary; Dr. John Pippin, Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act
This show featured the wonderful Kim Sturla who heads up Animal Place, near Sacramento. WOW, they recently rescued more than 4,000 hens. We discussed what one does with all those birds, and the value of farmed animal sancturaries. Then, Dr. John Pippin from PCRM described the Great Ape Protection and Cost Saving Act. Read more […]
On this show, Lori first interviewed Susan Wagner, founder of Equine Advocates. Brought up in the racing industry, when Susan discovered the dark side of the horse business, she was shocked. Now, Susan is one of the country’s leading advocates for equines. They discussed politics, horse slaughter, responsible guardianship and more. Susan was simply brilliant. Vist […]
On today’s show, we feature the documentary film, Buck. Both its star, Buck Brannaman and the creator and director, Cindy Meehl, provide their perspectives on the making of and the reaction to this Sundance award winning film. Plus we talk about horses and people. Here is the film’s site. This duo rarely does interview together […]
Animals Today – May 22, 2011. Protecting Tortoises with Susan Tellem, American Tortoise Rescue; Helping birds with David Threan
Animals Today show of May 22, 2011 with Susan Tellem from American Tortoise Rescue, and Dave Thraen from All Wildlife Rescue and Education, inc.
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today April 19, 2015. Wildlife killing contests. Devocalization legislation. Earth Week celebrates its 45th birthday April 24, 2015
- Animals Today April 12, 2015. Animal cruelty and neglect: Understanding causes and seeking solutions. April 19, 2015
- Earth Day 2015 – Commentary April 18, 2015
- Animals Today April 5, 2015. All about Roadrunners. Canned hunting of specially bred unusual animals. April 8, 2015
- Animals Today March 22, 2015. The connection between dog breeding and euthanasia. What is holding the animal welfare movement back? Best Friends has a new Chief Digital Officer. March 22, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation