Big show here. First Lori was joined by Camilla Fox, Founder and Executive Director of Project Coyote. Camilla explained the origins and ongoing practice of having contests to kill wildlife, typically done under the guise of conservation or protection of agricultural interests. California has banned the practice and now Project Coyote and other groups are working […]
Animals Today April 19, 2015. Wildlife killing contests. Devocalization legislation. Earth Week celebrates its 45th birthday
Animals Today April 5, 2015. All about Roadrunners. Canned hunting of specially bred unusual animals.
This show featured a great discussion about the roadrunner, one of the most distinctive animals of the Southwest. This interview with naturalist and author Jim Cornett, which originally aired in 2009, is packed with facts and delightful stories about roadrunners. Listen in to find out how they eat rattlesnakes and scorpions, where they go in the […]
Animals Today March 1, 2015 The growing popularity of vegetarianism, veganism and animal advocacy in modern Jewish life. Killing in the name of conservation.
This show featured Jeffrey Cohan, Executive Director of Jewish Vegetarians of North America (JVNA). Led by a strong movement in Israel, but rapidly expanding in Europe and North America, a growing number of Jewish people and leaders are embracing vegetarianism, veganism, and animal advocacy in general. Cohan explained why this is occurring, how plant-based diets are […]
Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure.
This show began with Joe Meile from Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting (C.A.S.H.). Following allegations of a connection between actor Matthew McConaughey and a canned hunting ranch, we wanted to learn more about how these operations operate. Joe is one of the country’s leading opponents of hunting and provided the disturbing details. Then, NYS assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal described […]
On this show, Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like chinchillas […]
Animals Today – December 29, 2013 – Wolves are in crisis! Can they be saved? Mike Bond provides history and analysis.
Happy New Year to all our friends, listeners, supporters and guests! On this show, the last one of 2013, Mike Bond joined Lori to give an update on the status of wolves in North America. Mike has written widely on a variety and environmental and animal issues, and is a bestselling novelist, international energy expert, […]
Animals Today December 22, 2013 – Michael Mountain explains landmark lawsuits from the Nonhuman Rights project aimed at helping 4 chimps in New York. Peter Muller from Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting criticizes Time Magazine article
On this show, Peter welcomed two great guests. First, representing the Nonhuman Rights Project, Michael Mountain discussed the lawsuits recently filed by that group. In three New York State lawsuits filed by attorney Steven Wise and The Nonhuman Rights Project, judges were asked to provide relief to four captive chimpanzees. The legal basis for the suits […]
Animals Today September 15, 2013 Carol Glasser, PhD. Progress for Science’s opposition of UCLA vivisection. What motivates hunters?
On this week’s show, Lori was joined by Sociologist Dr. Carol Glasser. Dr. Glasser is a co-founder of Progress for Science, a grassroots campaign focused on ending vivisection at University of California, Los Angeles. They discussed animal welfare violations in UC animal labs, whether testing on animals provides useful information about human disease, the role […]
This week’s show featured California State Senator Ted Lieu. Senator Lieu is trying to ban the use of packs of dogs to hunt bears and bobcats in California. If you also are horrified to learn that this practice still exists, listen in and learn what you can do to end it. Senator Lieu has a […]
His week’s show featured Joe Miele, President of Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting. Lori and Joe discussed a variety of recent news items concerning hunting. Joe is a passionate and articulate advocate for animals. The C.A.S.H. website is here. We encourage you to visit it and see how they chronicle the tragic and continuous stream […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Celebrating the end of horse slaughter in the US May 25, 2015
- Animals Today May 24, 2015: Companion animals and divorce. Dogs assisting veterans. Great news from San Antonio Animal Care Services. The end of horse slaughter in the US. Would you break into a car to save a dog? May 24, 2015
- Animals Today – May 17, 2015. Hidden dog park hazards. Doggie Dementia. Close encounters with spiders and snakes. May 24, 2015
- Animals Today May 10, 2015: Does your estate plan include your companion animals? Life’s not fun for circus animals. May 24, 2015
- Dr. Kirshner interviews Kathy Davis, Director of San Antonio Animal Care Services May 23, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation