On this show, Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like chinchillas [...]
Animals Today – December 29, 2013 – Wolves are in crisis! Can they be saved? Mike Bond provides history and analysis.
Happy New Year to all our friends, listeners, supporters and guests! On this show, the last one of 2013, Mike Bond joined Lori to give an update on the status of wolves in North America. Mike has written widely on a variety and environmental and animal issues, and is a bestselling novelist, international energy expert, [...]
Animals Today December 22, 2013 – Michael Mountain explains landmark lawsuits from the Nonhuman Rights project aimed at helping 4 chimps in New York. Peter Muller from Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting criticizes Time Magazine article
On this show, Peter welcomed two great guests. First, representing the Nonhuman Rights Project, Michael Mountain discussed the lawsuits recently filed by that group. In three New York State lawsuits filed by attorney Steven Wise and The Nonhuman Rights Project, judges were asked to provide relief to four captive chimpanzees. The legal basis for the suits [...]
Animals Today September 15, 2013 Carol Glasser, PhD. Progress for Science’s opposition of UCLA vivisection. What motivates hunters?
On this week’s show, Lori was joined by Sociologist Dr. Carol Glasser. Dr. Glasser is a co-founder of Progress for Science, a grassroots campaign focused on ending vivisection at University of California, Los Angeles. They discussed animal welfare violations in UC animal labs, whether testing on animals provides useful information about human disease, the role [...]
This week’s show featured California State Senator Ted Lieu. Senator Lieu is trying to ban the use of packs of dogs to hunt bears and bobcats in California. If you also are horrified to learn that this practice still exists, listen in and learn what you can do to end it. Senator Lieu has a [...]
His week’s show featured Joe Miele, President of Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting. Lori and Joe discussed a variety of recent news items concerning hunting. Joe is a passionate and articulate advocate for animals. The C.A.S.H. website is here. We encourage you to visit it and see how they chronicle the tragic and continuous stream [...]
on November 13, 2011 in Conferences
On this week’s show we continued our coverage from the 2011 FARM animal rights conference in Los Angeles. First we spoke with Peter Muller with Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting and The League of Humane Voters. Here are the links to his sites: CASH and League of Humane Voters Then, we spoke with Dawn Moncrieffe, Founding [...]
Animals Today – June 5, 2011: Immunocontraception with Professor Priscilla Cohen; Pet trusts with Chris Jones.
The June 5, 2011, Animals Today with Dr. Lori Kirshner features Professor Priscilla N. Cohn, on the use of immunocontraception to control populations of free-roaming animals, and the ethics of hunting. Also, attorney Chris Jones joins us to speak about pet trusts as the preferred way to make sure your companion animals are treated according to your wishes should you die before them.
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – July 14, 2013: Richard Schwartz and Michael Fishbach July 19, 2013
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today, October 5, 2014. Medical evidence supports plant-based diets for health. Religious basis for veganism from a Jewish perspective. Irksome dog and cat behaviors. Happy and Safe Dogs and Cats – a Spanish language program. October 9, 2014
- Animals Today – September 21, 2014. Legal challenge to the Phoenix ban on the sale of dogs and cats. Perspectives on breeding and dog overpopulation. Pet store success with humane business practices. September 26, 2014
- Animals Today September 14, 2014. Community cat management: Sane and humane treatment of the felines around us. September 22, 2014
- Animals Today September 7, 2014. Solar power plants are killing birds. The use of live animals for training purposes in medical residencies is waning. September 8, 2014
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
- 301: current article on how to avoid a shark attack and...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation