This show, Lori welcomed three guests covering diverse topics. First up was Theresa Strader, Founder and Executive Director of National Mill Dog Rescue. The mission of National Mill Dog Rescue is “to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome discarded breeding dogs and to educate the general public about the cruel realities of the commercial dog breeding industry.” […]
Animals Today – February 22, 2015 – Rescuing dogs from puppy mills. Animal welfare groups adopt humane menus. California foie gras legal battles. Pet products gone wild.
Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure.
This show began with Joe Meile from Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting (C.A.S.H.). Following allegations of a connection between actor Matthew McConaughey and a canned hunting ranch, we wanted to learn more about how these operations operate. Joe is one of the country’s leading opponents of hunting and provided the disturbing details. Then, NYS assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal described […]
Animals Today- December 21, 2014. Compassionate conservation. Greater legal rights for nonhuman species. Hormone replacement therapy can harm dogs and cats.
This was a big show featuring three wonderful guests! First up was Marc Bekoff, Ph.D., former Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder, and co-founder with Jane Goodall of Ethologists for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Recently a Harvard biologist working in Guyana came across a huge exotic spider (a Goliath bird […]
Animals Today, November 2, 2014. Hidden and not so hidden risks of having dogs, featuring former LA Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber.
As much joy as we get from living with dogs, and being their guardians and owners, there are real risks in doing so. Most people are not aware of the serious nature of these risks, or seriously underestimate them, according to Humane Education authority and former Los Angeles Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber. Each year […]
Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families.
This show featured former LA animal cruelty prosecutor Bob Ferber, who discussed the problems that often occur when police officers encounter dogs. A few months ago in Michigan, a dog in his backyard was shot and killed by an officer who was looking for a suspect. The officer said he feared for his own safety. Consequently, […]
Animals Today August 17, 2014. Animal welfare innovations in Maricopa County, Arizona. Turtle movies are not good for real turtles.
On this show, two great guests joined Lori. First, Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County Arizona discussed the animal welfare programs he has implemented over the past 15 years. Known as America’s toughest sheriff, Joe continues to roll out innovations including the Animal Cruelty Investigative Unit, various programs where inmates work directly with abused and […]
Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law.
On this show, Lori welcomed two outstanding guests. First was Tim Ream, Staff Attorney, Endangered Species Program at the Center for Biological Diversity. Four groups have filed a petition with US government officials demanding better regulation of and transparency from Wildlife Services. Many people do not know that Wildlife Services, a federal agency under the USDA, […]
Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea?
On Sunday’s Show, Lori welcomed three acclaimed guests. The first topic revolved around the lawsuit recently filed by the American Bird Conservancy (ABC) against the Department of the Interior, which is now able to approve 30-year permits for wind farms. Dr. Michael Hutchins, National Coordinator, Bird Smart Wind Energy Campaign, American Bird Conservancy, explained what […]
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the […]
Animals Today – Sunday February 16, 2014: Adam Roberts criticizes the killing of the Copenhagen Zoo giraffe. Stacy Wolf discusses big New York cockfighting bust and bird rescue.
On this show, two wonderful guests appeared. First, Adam Roberts joined Lori to discuss the killing of Marius, a healthy juvenile giraffe in Copenhagen’s zoo. Worldwide shock and criticism has followed this incredibly horrifying and unnecessary event. Adam Roberts, CEO of Born Free USA and Chairman of the Board, Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, will […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today April 12, 2015. Animal cruelty and neglect: Understanding causes and seeking solutions. April 19, 2015
- Earth Day 2015 – Commentary April 18, 2015
- Animals Today April 5, 2015. All about Roadrunners. Canned hunting of specially bred unusual animals. April 8, 2015
- Animals Today March 22, 2015. The connection between dog breeding and euthanasia. What is holding the animal welfare movement back? Best Friends has a new Chief Digital Officer. March 22, 2015
- Animals Today – March 15, 2015. From Holocaust Survivor to Animal Rights Activist: The incredible story of Dr. Alex Hershaft. Great News for Circus Elephants. March 16, 2015
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation