As much joy as we get from living with dogs, and being their guardians and owners, there are real risks in doing so. Most people are not aware of the serious nature of these risks, or seriously underestimate them, according to Humane Education authority and former Los Angeles Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber. Each year […]
Animals Today, November 2, 2014. Hidden and not so hidden risks of having dogs, featuring former LA Animal Cruelty Prosecutor, Bob Ferber.
Animals Today – September 21, 2014. Legal challenge to the Phoenix ban on the sale of dogs and cats. Perspectives on breeding and dog overpopulation. Pet store success with humane business practices.
To begin this show, Lori was joined by Chris Green, Director of Legislative Affairs, Animal Legal Defense Fund. In December 2013, Phoenix passed an ordinance that would prohibit pet stores from selling dogs and cats obtained from puppy mills. Soon after a lawsuit was filed challenging the ordinance, delaying its enactment. Chris Green provided his […]
On this show, Peter was joined by Rebecca Aldworth, Executive Director, Humane Society International/Canada. Aldworth has witnessed the seal hunt for the past 15 years and believes the end of the hunt is near, despite the Canadian government’s support of it. We explored the practice and problems with owning exotic pets. From small rodents like chinchillas […]
Animals Today December 15, 2013 – Marc Bekoff discusses his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed
On this show, Marc Bekoff joined us to discuss his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed – The Fascinating Science of Animal Intelligence, Emotions, Friendship and Conservation. Marc is professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder as well as a long time contributor to Psychology Today. […]
Animals Today – October 13, 2013. Riverside County and Beyond: Shelter and Animal Services Management, with Robert Miller of Riverside County, CA. Also, Lori and Peter analyze PETA’s advertising.
On this show, Lori first welcomed Robert Miller, Director of Riverside County California’s Department of Animal Services. Riverside, with about 2.2 million people, has many animal shelters, staff, and volunteers. Rob oversees and leads all of it with dedication, humor, and an eye toward the future. Lori asked about the biggest challenges facing Riverside’s shelters, […]
This show was devoted to analyzing the activities of the American Kennel Club. Our expert was Jane Hoffman, President and Chair of the Board of Directors, Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals. Do you know what the AKC does and how it derives its income? How about whether it truly promotes the well-being of dogs? Please […]
Animals Today – November 4, 2012 Ken Foster discusses I’m a Good Dog: Pit Bulls, America’s Most Beautiful (And Misunderstood) Pet
On this show, Lori was joined by author Ken Foster, who discussed the Pit Bull in our society. In I’m a Good Dog: Pit Bulls, America’s Most Beautiful (And Misunderstood) Pet, Ken reviews the history of the breed, explores how where pit bulls have been part of our culture and dispels common misperceptions about them. The […]
Animals Today March 25, 2012. Assembly member Amy Paulin, Jane Hoffman, and Laura Allen. The Shelter Access Bill of New York
In segments one and two, New York Assembly member Amy Paulin (from NY’s 88th district), and Jane Hoffman from The Mayor’s Alliance for NYC’s Animals, discussed the Shelter Access Bill in New York State. They made a very convincing case for the law being passed. In segment three, Laura Allen from Animal Law Coalition gave […]
On this show, Lori interviewed attorney and animal advocate, Jenifer Wallis. They discussed the comprehensive dog population control legislation in place in New Hampshire. The effect has been to virtually cure the pet overpopulation problem in the state. Also, they discussed Jenifer’s experiences being vegan in Alabama. Note: There are not many vegans in Alabama, […]
First, Lori interviewed Jill Robinson, Founder and CEO of Animals Asia. They discussed the practice of people consuming dogs and cats for food in China. Animals Asia has a number of programs to reduce this practice and to encourage people to regard dogs and cats as pets and companions. Visit Animals Asia here. It is […]
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – December 28, 2014. The joys of living with pet rabbits. Healthy eating for cats December 30, 2014
- Animals Today- December 21, 2014. Compassionate conservation. Greater legal rights for nonhuman species. Hormone replacement therapy can harm dogs and cats. December 22, 2014
- Animals Today – October 26, 2014 – Misuse and overuse of antibiotics in agriculture – how our health is at risk. Protecting dogs from Parvo. Pit Bull awareness month and news. December 13, 2014
- Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found. December 8, 2014
- Animals Today, December 7, 2014 – Animal Assisted Therapy: Separating fact from fiction. Do owners of emotional support animals abuse the rest of us? December 8, 2014
- Mark Duchamp: Wrong. It's 13 million birds AND BATS a year. As ...
- Nick: So, on the low side of this estimation of 13,000,0...
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation