On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also […]
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
Animals Today – Sunday March 16, 2014 CA Assemblymember Richard Bloom introduces the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. Kim Sturla from Animal Place discusses the Food for Thought program. Greyhound racing in decline.
Two great guests appeared on this show. First, California Assemblymember Richard Bloom joined Lori to discuss the Orca Welfare and Safety Act. The goal of this legislation is to phase out killer whale captivity in the state. Mr. Bloom is the bill’s sponsor, and he explained how he became interested in this topic, what exactly the […]
Animals Today – Sunday March 9, 2014 Preventing cancer and other diseases with plant based diets. Tell the Riverside County Fair Board “No more exotic animals on display”
On this show, Lori was joined by Susan Levin, Director of Nutrition Education, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. Recent research has been published on the association between consumption of animal protein (meat, eggs, and diary) and premature death from cancer, diabetes and other causes. However, eating a plant based diet is protective against these diseases […]
Animals Today January 12, 2014 – Josh Tetrick presents new vegan products from Hampton Creek. Richard Schwartz analyzes Israeli slaughterhouse problems.
This show featured two guests with important stories. First, Lori welcomed the Josh Tetrick, CEO of the vegan food brand, Hampton Creek. Beginning with the breakthrough product, Just Mayo, Tetrick’s new company seems poised for strong growth, as cruelty-free and healthful food choices grow. Check out Hampton Creek. Then, Richard Schwartz joined Lori to discuss […]
Two fabulous guests joined us on this show. First, Lori welcomed Richard Schwartz, President of Jewish Vegetarians of North America (JVNA) and Society of Ethical and Religious Vegetarians (SERV). Richard is diligently working on growing the transformed and reborn Jewish holiday, “New Year for Animals” and updated us on his progress. It is a big idea […]
On this show, Lori first welcomed Dr. Sophia Yin, animal behavior expert, lecturer and author, who spoke about prevention of dog bites. In this wide-ranging discussion, Dr. Yin emphasized the imprtance of training and also explained how to read the body language of dogs. Learn more about her here. Then, Dr. Michael Greger came on […]
On this show, Dr. Richard Oppenlander returned to speak about the poor state of our oceans. Not only are we depleting their resources, we are thoroughly ruining their health. Many factors are at play including overfishing (or as Richard prefers, simply “fishing”), acidification, global warming, oversue of fertilizers, oil exploration and more. Is it too […]
Animals Today – October 28, 2012. Dr. Richard Oppenlander discusses Global Depletion and his book, Comfortably Unaware
On this show, Lori was joined by author, lecturer, consultant and entrepreneur, Dr. Richard Oppenlander. Richard persuasively argued that our diets are directly responsible for harming the earth. Richard’s book, Comfortably Unaware: Global depletion and food responsibility…what you choose to eat is killing our planet, outlines the unsustainability of our meat and dairy -intensive diets, […]
On this show, Lori Welcomed Richard Schwartz, Professor Emeritus, College of Staten Island and President of Jewish Vegetarians of North America. Richard announced and described his new effort to revive and modernize an ancient Jewish holiday to benfit animals and the environment. The new hoilday is called Rosh Hashana La’B’heimot (New Year for Animals), and […]
On this show, Erica Meier, Executive Director of Compassion Over Killing, first joined Lori. COK has been obtaining important undercover video of animal cruelty, and the discussion began with the closure of the Cal Cruz hatchery, thanks to video obtained by COK. Compassion Over Killing has a wide variety of innovative campaigns focused on farmed […]
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – December 28, 2014. The joys of living with pet rabbits. Healthy eating for cats December 30, 2014
- Animals Today- December 21, 2014. Compassionate conservation. Greater legal rights for nonhuman species. Hormone replacement therapy can harm dogs and cats. December 22, 2014
- Animals Today – October 26, 2014 – Misuse and overuse of antibiotics in agriculture – how our health is at risk. Protecting dogs from Parvo. Pit Bull awareness month and news. December 13, 2014
- Animals Today November 30, 2014. The truth about turkeys. Holiday animal safety. Cool new species found. December 8, 2014
- Animals Today, December 7, 2014 – Animal Assisted Therapy: Separating fact from fiction. Do owners of emotional support animals abuse the rest of us? December 8, 2014
- Mark Duchamp: Wrong. It's 13 million birds AND BATS a year. As ...
- Nick: So, on the low side of this estimation of 13,000,0...
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation