This show featured two excellent guests. First on was Michael Hutchins, PhD., with American Bird Conservancy, who described the hazards birds face due to large solar plants. Recent reporting has included photos of birds literally burned and killed in flight. Michael explained the scope of the problem and what might be done to protect the birds while […]
Animals Today September 7, 2014. Solar power plants are killing birds. The use of live animals for training purposes in medical residencies is waning.
Animals Today April 27, 2014. Improving medical research without laboratory animals. The LA ban on elephant bull hooks.
On this show, Lori welcomed Dr. Ray Greek, President and Co-Founder, Americans for Medical Advancement (A.F.M.A.). Ray presented his views on how to improve medical research and provide better safety for patients, with methods that do not rely on laboratory animals. Dr. Greek is co-author of the books, Animal Models in Light of Evolution, and […]
Animals Today April 6, 2014 – The documentary film, The Ghosts in Our Machine. Eye muscle surgery on rabbits: What did it prove?
On this show, our featured guest was filmmaker Liz Marshall who discussed The Ghosts in Our Machine. This beautiful, haunting film is an exploration into the many ways non-human animals are abused and killed to become products and food. The story follows protagonist, photographer Jo-Anne McArthur, as she captures images of the animals, and also […]
Animals Today December 15, 2013 – Marc Bekoff discusses his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed
On this show, Marc Bekoff joined us to discuss his latest book, Why Dogs Hump and Bees Get Depressed – The Fascinating Science of Animal Intelligence, Emotions, Friendship and Conservation. Marc is professor emeritus of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of Colorado, Boulder as well as a long time contributor to Psychology Today. […]
Animals Today September 15, 2013 Carol Glasser, PhD. Progress for Science’s opposition of UCLA vivisection. What motivates hunters?
On this week’s show, Lori was joined by Sociologist Dr. Carol Glasser. Dr. Glasser is a co-founder of Progress for Science, a grassroots campaign focused on ending vivisection at University of California, Los Angeles. They discussed animal welfare violations in UC animal labs, whether testing on animals provides useful information about human disease, the role […]
On this show, Dr. Lawrence Hansen, Professor of Pathology, UC San Diego School of Medicine, joined Lori to discuss his recent article, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees Need Greater Ethical Diversity. Dr. Hansen is a well-known Physician-scientist, as well as a strong advocate for the welfare and rights of all animals. Larry also discussed the […]
This week, Lori welcomed Rutgers Law Professor, Gary Francione. A prolithic author and engaging speaker, Gary is one of the true leaders in the animal rights movement. Lori and Gary covered a variety of important topics, with primary themes being the fundamental importance of veganism and efforts to inspire dog and cat lovers to […]
- Animals Today – Sunday February 23, 2014 Shark attack survivors promoting shark conservation February 25, 2014
- Animals Today – May 18, 2014. Federal government sued over wind farm regulations. Repopulating wild bison herds: A good idea? May 21, 2014
- Animals Today October 12, 2014 – Did that dog really need to be shot? Improving management of dog encounters by police. A model program to help pay for emergency Vet care for needy families. October 22, 2014
- Animals Today June 15, 2014 Center for Biological Diversity takes aim at Wildlife Services. Injuries at zoos and the law. June 22, 2014
- Animals Today – February 9, 2014: Merritt Clifton, Editor, Animal People discusses statistics and trends of companion animal overpopulation, euthanasia, and dog and cat adoption rates February 14, 2014
- Animals Today – February 15, 2015. Captive hunting critique. Will New York ban cat declawing? Giraffe populations under pressure. February 26, 2015
- Animals Today – February 8, 2015. Flying dogs to safety. Hawaii’s colossal kitty sanctuary. Racehorse death rate alarmingly high – what can be done? February 10, 2015
- Animals Today – February 1, 2015. Exploring gender differences in how we relate to animals. Free roaming cats: New survey asks, how does the public want them to be treated? February 5, 2015
- Animals Today – December 28, 2014. The joys of living with pet rabbits. Healthy eating for cats December 30, 2014
- Animals Today- December 21, 2014. Compassionate conservation. Greater legal rights for nonhuman species. Hormone replacement therapy can harm dogs and cats. December 22, 2014
- FACE Foundation on Animals Today Radio! | FACE Foundation: […] HERE to listen to the interview with Bro...
- beth: Your interview with Tim Ream was very informative....
- Mark Duchamp: Thank you for the opportunity given me to defend w...
- Roberta: Enjoyed this interview very much and wanted to tha...
- Micki Glenn: Good to know. I'm still a diver, and may start ca...
Follow @animalstodaylk on Twitter
- 2010 Show Archive
- 2011 Show Archive
- 2013 show archive
- 2014 Show Archive
- 2015 Show Archive
- Aniamal Cruelty
- Animal advocacy
- Animal behavior/ ethology
- Animal Cruelty
- Animal Ethics
- Animal fighting
- Animal intelligence
- Animal Rescue
- Animal Sanctuary
- Animal Shelter
- Animals Rights
- Companion animals
- Exotic animals
- Farmed animals
- Featured Books
- For Children
- General Information
- Healthy eating
- Humane education
- Medical research
- Morality of Animals
- Natural Disasters
- Pet Products
- Plant based diet
- Rodent control
- Service animals
- Top stories
- Veterinary topics
- Wild animals
- Wildlife rehabilitation